Fulham, London, UK For St George Plc
Imperial Wharf is located adjacent to Chelsea Harbour in Fulham, West London. A former industrial site, the 32 acres of brownfield land has been redeveloped into a mixed-use scheme comprising 1665 homes of which 50% are affordable. Office, retail and restaurant space are provided together with a hotel, fitness centre and a new railway station.
The first production phase consisted of four cores comprising 169 apartments, with restaurants, retail outlets and office accommodation at podium and mezzanine level.
Sweeping roofscapes reinforce the individual building aspects and a rich palette of materials includes Bath and Portland stone together with terracotta panels, structural glass balustrades and patinated copper canopies.
Subsequent phases included all of the 205 residential apartments, commercial and retail space within the buildings fronting the landscaped boulevard, this being the principle site axis linking Imperial Road through to the Thames.
The first of the ‘standalone’ buildings to the north of the main body followed, including a further 156 apartments, 155 room student accommodation, 2500 square metre commercial space and a 172 room hotel for Jurys Inn.