Barratt West London Head Office
Barratt West London relocated to Wallis House, a Grade II Listed Art Deco building dating from 1936, as part of their own ‘Great West Quarter’ mixed-use development. Formerly the GlaxoSmithKline headquarters, the space has numerous internal columns and a restricted floor to ceiling height. In addition to this, the orientation of the office and provision of cellular office spaces to the perimeter has made the current workplace particularly short of natural light, leading the space to be perceived as dark and gloomy.
Barratt West London acquired the existing furniture to the space as an initial short-term solution however, six years on, the workplace was in need of an overhaul to bring it up to modern standards. Working with the client, A&Q Partnership produced three varying solutions that enabled the most effective works to be identified, highlighting alterations to the fabric, furniture and lighting, as well as making operational suggestions on elements such as the storage strategy.